Latest Advice -
Updated June 2021
School is now open to all year groups
School meals are provided for those paying and those entitled to free school meals
All updates will be posted here on the school website, on our Twitter account, and through the Schoop app. Latest information from Public Health Wales can be found below.
The latest news and advice from Cardiff City Council can be found below:
Children have home learning books containing login details and passwords for the websites below. Teachers will set daily work for every child. Different year groups will use Seesaw and Purple Mash as well as Hwb and Google Classroom Here are details of some websites that can be used at home:
- Cardiff Council have issued parental guidance on Digital Safety at home: https://bit.ly/2X4Gm9C
- BBC Bitesize - You may have seen reports on the news about the educational resources that the BBC have made available. They are all here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
- Cardiff City Football Club have designed a set of learning resources for KS2 children. The plans are here:
and if you share your progress online, you could win a signed football!
- You can now use Purple Mash to email your classmates. Mr Pritchard has put together a video guide on how to do this here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lPCwtQ0hyAia9kmTB_RFTRJCWOuKR0al/view
You can only send and receive emails from children in your class, and your teachers are able to see every message you send. There is information on ESafety, and what to do if you have any problems while using emails here: https://www.purplemash.com/#tab/pm-home/tools/2email
- Foundation Phase teachers have put together a timetable for home learning with children from Nursery to Year 2. It is intended as a guide, and can be edited to suit your own arrangements at home - https://bit.ly/35eZSE7
- Kinetic Dance - Their dance tutors have put some great easy to follow dance tutorials together:
- Play Wales have issued some great guidance on the importance of letting children play:
- Wales National tests for years 2 - 6 https://www.penyrenglynprimary.com/welsh-government-national-tests-for-years-2-to-yea/
This is a link to another school's website where they have listed all the past papers and samples for the National Tests
- Topmarks – www.topmarks.co.uk
This is a good website with free games linked to specific areas of Maths and Literacy.
- Into Film - https://bit.ly/2yYNpc8
Lots of good ideas for how to use some of your child's favourite films to help with their learning
- Twinkl – www.twinkl.co.uk – This webpage is offering a free months subscription to access all resources which includes Powerpoints of lessons.
- TTS – www.tts-group.co.uk – this site has made home learning packs for children of Reception ages to year 6.
- Puzzles online - https://lovattspuzzles.com/kids/childrens-online-puzzles/ - online puzzles for children. Word searches, sudoku, spelling activities.
- Blockly - https://blockly.games Learn computer programming skills - fun and free.
- Scratch - https://scratch.mit.edu/explore/projects/games/ Creative computer programming
- Ted Ed - https://ed.ted.com All sorts of engaging educational videos
- National Geographic Kids - https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/ Activities and quizzes for younger kids.
- Duolingo - https://www.duolingo.com Learn languages for free. Web or app.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks2-maths-collection/z7frpg8 - good for dancing your times tables!
- https://family.gonoodle.com/ - fun dancing and exercise
- https://www.cosmickids.com/category/watch/ - dance, mindfulness and yoga videos to follow
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3LPrhI0v-w&list=RDCMUCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ&start_radio=1&t=0 - The Body Coach for Kids
Teachers will set work to be completed at home. No other child or parent can see the work that your child completes. You will need a12 digit code that can be used to access Seesaw here:
There is also advice on using Seesaw to maximise home learning here:
and 'How To' guides here:
Children have a username and password in their home learning books. Teachers will set work for children to complete each day. They can access the website here:
Once they login, children will see a selection of reading, writing, mathematics and topic work set for them by their teacher. There is a 'How To' guide here:
Children can sign in with a Hwb username and password to access Microsoft tools, Minecraft, Office tools and much more. Not all teachers will set work here, but children will have their regular class meetings through Teams in the Office 365 part of Hwb:
There is a 'How To' guide here:
To use Minecraft at home, follow the instructions in the document below. You will need to download software to use this. Once you have done this, children sign in using their Hwb logins - these are on the long strip in the front of the home learning book.